27/04/2011

My Birth Control Detox Plan - Day 1



I started by refusing traditional medication and have looked for  the advice of a naturopath to bring my body back into order.
Since my rhinitis is caused by an excess of estrogen in my body she has given me Calcium D-Glucarate. Its this Thorne brand (you can find it here without a Naturopathic Thorne Research - Calcium D-Glucarate - 90's)

I did some research on Calcium D-Glucarate and have found the following:
"Calcium D-Glucarate includes the patented compound Glucarate which has been shown to enhance the major detoxification pathways in the body. Calcium D-Glucarate, the calcium salt of D-glucaric acid, is found naturally in the human body and in a variety of fruits and vegetables. Animal studies have shown that Calcium D-Glucarate inhibits B-glucuronidase, thereby enhancing the process of glucuronidation, in which foreign organic compounds, fat-soluble toxins and excess steroid hormones such as estrogen are detoxified and excreted from  our bodies"

Basically Calcium D-Glucarate is great for an estrogen detox. The condition many women have when they stop taking oral contraception is called Estrogen Dominance.

The Naturopath has also given me a supplement for my Thyroid that is a Iodine & Selenium blend.

I am to take 2 Thyroid capsules in the morning and 2 Calcium D-Glucarate in the evening. I was also asked to start taking psyillium husk to help ‘pull out’ the excess hormones from the body. I am not a big fan of psyillium so I think I will look for another alternative.

Looking forward to starting today and getting my endocrines & hormones back in balance naturally!


2 comments:

  1. It's nice to find someone who tried to solve there yasmin problems naturally. It has been a long time since you've posted however, were you successful in your detox? Any recommendations would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melinda! Holy Basil (new chapter) seemed to really balance my hormones out like nothing else! I live by it. The pregnancy nose went away as well as all the other symptoms I was incurring after this horrible pill. I highly suggest you look into Holy Basil, it saved me.

    ReplyDelete

Nutty Chipmunk

Nutty Chipmunk